A college endowment fund initiated by Mrs. Mussey in 1924 provided money for the purchase of a larger home for the growing law school. A former residence of Senator Underwood of Alabama, the new building at 2000 G Street was spacious and elegant. In the entrance hall, a massive, hammered brass, Turkish swinging lamp hung from the ceiling. A large marble mantle and fireplace dominated the reception room, and a winding Colonial staircase of mahogany and old ivory led to the upper floors. Three large classrooms, a kitchen, and a ladies tearoom transformed the old mansion into a school building.
The Washington College of Law had finally found a lasting home. For the next 28 years the school remained at the G Street location. Enrollment steadily increased, except during World War II, and the curriculum was expanded to include a day division and graduate programs.In 1924, purchased the spacious and elegant building at 2000 G Street NW, where it remained for the next 28 years.