Expert Testimony: A Guide For Expert Witnesses and the Lawyers Who Examine Them, 3d
Attorneys, order two copies of this book: one for yourself and one for your expert witness. It will give experts the confidence they need to be comfortable in court, and it will give you the skills necessary to emphasize the credibility of your experts. You can avoid pitfalls such as unintentional signals, inappropriate demeanor and appearance, and awkward body language by using Expert Testimony as your guide. With the addition of Elizabeth Boals as a coauthor, the second edition expands and amplifies the original book with
- New guidance for experts and lawyers on the development and presentation of expert testimony in the digital age, including discussion of visual aids and electronic discovery
- Updated analysis of the Federal Rules of Evidence and Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
- Updated discussion of the ethical rules governing expert retention and testimony
- Additional examples of expert witness examinations and detailed discussion of techniques for coping with lawyer questioning
- Additional checklists for quick reference
Boals, Elizabeth, "Expert Testimony: A Guide For Expert Witnesses and the Lawyers Who Examine Them, 3d" (2009). Books. 88.