The Washington College of Law initially held its first law classes in the offices of Mrs. Mussey and Miss Gillett, the school's founders. Fund-raising efforts by students and faculty enabled the Washington College of Law to purchase its first permanent home in 1920. Its new residence was the former home of philosopher Robert Ingersoll at 1315 K Street NW in Washington, DC. Soon, the Law School outgrew the entire building, and in 1924 purchased the spacious and elegant building at 2000 G Street NW, where it remained for the next 28 years. The K Street building was later razed, and today the Sphinx Club at Almas Temple occupies the land.
building, K Street, law school, Robert Ingersoll